Sunday, March 8, 2009

Vocal Gifts of the Spirit – 3/8/09

Family Life believes in the practice of the supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit as taught in 1 Corinthians chapters 12-14, and most specifically in 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 and 14:26-32.

The most frequent uses of these gifts are the verbal gifts of “a word of prophecy” and an “utterance in tongues with interpretation.”

We were able to capture and transcribe a recent demonstration in one of our services. 1 Corinthians 14:29 tells us to “weigh carefully what was said” in the use of these gifts.

 8:30 Service

All I have asked you to do is to come

Bring your vessel that I might fill it

I want to fill you to overflowing

 

It is I who has presented myself to you this morning and said come

Bring that cup and I will fill it

I will fill it to give you the power you need

 

This is to make you witnesses of what I can do through you

It will spill out into the communities just like I said in my word

Because I want to use you but you must be filled

It will overflow like a river to those who are around you and your community

That light will shine - That light is me

 

Evening Service

I am not far away, I am not far but I am so near

And I gave you My word and if you remember in My word

I said to knock and seek and you will find

I see that you are seeking after Me tonight says the Lord

 

And in that I thank you and desire you to do that says the Lord

And with that there will be a promise not just a question but an answer

And the answer is yes and amen says the Lord

 

So when you reach out and speak out My name tonight

Ask what you will and it will be done says the Lord

Ask whatever you will in my name says the Lord and it will be done

0 Comments: