Friday, March 6, 2009

FAQ - Releasing The Holy Spirit – Part 1

Releasing the Holy SpiritWhy do some people have to wait weeks, months, years to receive the Baptism in the Holy Spirit? Especially when some get the gift the first time they ask?

Hmmm. Do I sense jealousy here? There sure was jealousy in my heart when I posed this same question years ago.

The original disciples (120 of them, Acts 2) waited/tarried for 10 days before the Holy Spirit was poured out. This is the last group Scripture mentions that waited/tarried. Others were filled upon asking. There is no reason that believers must beg for the Holy Spirit to be poured out on them.

Why does it take others longer? Perhaps faith. It was in my case. Perhaps mental blocks (i.e. it is me speaking, not the Holy Spirit).

God is more willing to pour out than we are to receive. I think that a more childlike faith and willingness to trust God is what is needed.

Advice: Keep seeking, stop begging, and launch your faith!

For more on this topic listen here.

0 Comments: