Monday, October 6, 2008

Word of Propehcy - 10-06-08, 10 am service

Family Life believes in the practice of the supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit as taught in 1 Corinthians chapters 12-14, and most specifically in 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 and 14:26-32.


The most frequent uses of these gifts are the verbal gifts of “a word of prophecy” and an “utterance in tongues with interpretation.”


We were able to capture and transcribe a recent demonstration in one of our services. 1 Corinthians 14:29 tells us to “weigh carefully what was said” in the use of these gifts.



I have not forgotten history

I look at my hands and see the nail scars

I have not forgotten

But I have forgiven all of the things done unto me

Can you do any less than I?


I have forgiven you of your sins – no matter how great or how small

Because you see, those sins and transgressions to me are all equal

It does not matter how small - how great - how little - how big

I have forgiven you


Never-the-less, this is what I ask of you

I am not asking you to do anything I have not already done

I am asking you to forgive each other, live together in harmony


This is the only way you can do it, forgiveness is the only way

You can live together harmoniously

Not look at each other with spite and bitterness and hatred

But to look at each other as I look at you


Look through my eyes today

And see what I see, when you are clean before me


You can’t stand in my presence the way you are

Without forgiveness, because I see my son, I see who He is

I have given the ultimate

That is why I can ask for you to give all because I did

Do it because I ask you

0 Comments: