Thursday, February 21, 2008

Word of Prophecy - 02-17-08 - 10:00 am Service

Recent Gifts of the Holy Spirit

Family Life believes in the practice of the supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit as taught in 1 Corinthians chapters 12-14, and most specifically in 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 and 14:26-32.

The most frequent uses of these gifts are the verbal gifts of “a word of prophecy” and an “utterance in tongues with interpretation.”

We were able to capture and transcribe a recent demonstration in one of our services. 1 Corinthians 14:29 tells us to “weigh carefully what was said” in the use of these gifts.

I have come that you would have everything you need
I desire your sincere worship
I am your all sufficient one
I am the one who understands the pain and the agony
I have come to bind up the brokenhearted
I have come to put back together – I am the Great Physician
I am He who will heal you

Do you not know that I understand what pain is?
I understand what loneliness is
Do I not bear with my own body today the very scars that were given to me by friends in the house of my friends?

I say to you that I’ve come that you might have life
When I hear of your worship you get my attention
Because I desire – I want you to know who I am
That I am your sanctuary
I am the place that you can come, that you can hide out with me
I will caress you. I will love you.

I will want you to know what life is really about
Not the pain of this world, but you will not come through this world without scars
I am He who can heal you.
I am He who can bring the joy into your heart
When you come to me and worship me in sincerity pour your heart out

I long to have more and more of you
Open the door of your heart so that I can come in
You and I can commune one with another
I desire so much – there are things in store for you can not even imagine
I have joys unlimited and abounding to you

Open your heart to me
Let me know you
Worship me, with purity of heart
I will give unto you that which you desire
Things that you don’t even know or understand yet

0 Comments: