Thursday, February 28, 2008

Utterance and Interpretation - 02-24-08

Recent Gifts of the Holy Spirit

Family Life believes in the practice of the supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit as taught in 1 Corinthians chapters 12-14, and most specifically in 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 and 14:26-32.

The most frequent uses of these gifts are the verbal gifts of “a word of prophecy” and an “utterance in tongues with interpretation.”

We were able to capture and transcribe a recent demonstration in one of our services. 1 Corinthians 14:29 tells us to “weigh carefully what was said” in the use of these gifts.


I would say how hungry are you?
Because you see, I can only fill you to the point of your hunger is satisfied
Will you come to me to ask for me to fill you?
How empty are you?
Have you emptied it all out that I may fill you completely full?
What is half full? What is full?

I have said to you I want to pour out a blessing, an anointing on you that you can’t even contain
That means that it has to come to the brim and overflow
I do not want to fill you only once or twice
I want a river
I want something that will flow into this world

I don’t want dribbles and drops, I want gushing water
I want something this world will know is supernatural
Not just something that is humanly possible

I want to use you in pains and ways in this world that they will know that you are my disciples and I am HE

Who is among you today
If you really want what I have
Ask, and I will give it to you

0 Comments: