Thursday, February 19, 2009

Gifts of the Spirit - 02-15-09

Family Life believes in the practice of the supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit as taught in 1 Corinthians chapters 12-14, and most specifically in 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 and 14:26-32.

The most frequent uses of these gifts are the verbal gifts of “a word of prophecy” and an “utterance in tongues with interpretation.”


We were able to capture and transcribe a recent demonstration in one of our services. 1 Corinthians 14:29 tells us to “weigh carefully what was said” in the use of these gifts.


8:30 am service


This is not new

For evil has risen against but all in your life

But I am the one who stands in that gap


Give it to me

Hand it to me right now

Give it to me and I will take care of you


I have said already in My Word

That your part is instinctly to step forward in faith

Knowing that I am the one

Who has already prepared that path before you


Just simply walk

Walk with me

Not in fear but in confidence

It is I who walk before you



11:30 am service


Speak to the nations my people

I say speak to the nations

Say we are not down and low and lonely

Yes we are - we are the America that I mean for it to be


Speak to them - speak to them

Believe it yourselves - don’t look down

Don’t be downcast and be like the world


But open up your hearts and minds

And understand you are a mighty nation

You are a mighty nation

You have the strength and the ability

To do all the things that I have called you to do

Says the Lord


Just seek my face and listen

Listen says the Lord

Now is the time to listen to me


Now is the time to listen

And not keep your mouth so full of words

and speak all the time


But listen, listen says the Lord

For I have a new song to give you says the Lord

And it is coming forth

It is coming forth out of the mouth of my people

0 Comments: