Thursday, May 15, 2008

Word of Prophecy - 05-11-08

Recent Gifts of the Holy Spirit

Family Life believes in the practice of the supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit as taught in 1 Corinthians chapters 12-14, and most specifically in 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 and 14:26-32.

The most frequent uses of these gifts are the verbal gifts of “a word of prophecy” and an “utterance in tongues with interpretation.”

We were able to capture and transcribe a recent demonstration in one of our services. 1 Corinthians 14:29 tells us to “weigh carefully what was said” in the use of these gifts.


I watch your life everyday
The delays that come in your life are not by accident
I have a designed a purpose
I want to draw you close to Me

There are times that you run away from me
You scurry about – but I ask you just to stop
Take a moment – take time with me – know who I am

If I took time to number the hairs on your head
Do you not know that I just want to walk with you?
I just want to be with you

Take time – know that I am your God
Yes – I can move those mountains
There is no load too heavy for me
There is no rock so big that I cannot move

But many times you stumble over the small things
You become irritated when delays come
When they’re really purposes for me to get in touch with you
So I again say to you – be aware

As you walk through your days
Know that I am there
No matter where you travel

No matter how far you go
I was there the day you were born
I will receive you at the end


0 Comments: